March 12, 2018— First Responder Network Authority News
- Last Week, First Responder Network Authority CEO Mike Poth gave a keynote address at the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) in Orlando, Florida, announcing AT&T received the green light for FirstNet Band 14 buildout, based on the State Plans. In addition, staff presented during multiple breakout sessions and panel discussions.
- First Responder Network Authority Board member Kevin McGinnis, Interim PSAC Chair Paul Patrick, and staff presented last week at an in-person meeting of the National Public Safety Telecommunications Council (NPSTC), held in conjunction with IWCE in Orlando, Florida.
- Also last week, First Responder Network Authority staff presented at a meeting of the North Dakota 9-1-1 Association in Bismarck.
- The First Responder Network Authority Board will hold an in-person meeting on March 15 in Little Rock, Arkansas. Viewing information on the public portion of the meeting will be available on FirstNet.gov.
- Also this week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in a Federal Communications Commission Region 19 700MHz Committee meeting in Kennebunkport, Maine; Arkansas Wireless Information Network committee and governance board meetings in Little Rock; an Arkansas local public safety tour in Little Rock; the Bay Area Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) Conference in Campbell, California; a meeting with Navajo Nation leadership in Phoenix, Arizona; the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Division Mid-Year Conference in Nashville, Tennessee; a Connecticut City and Town Managers Association meeting in Wethersfield; a meeting with the Northwest Tribal Emergency Management Council in Spokane, Washington; and regional Vermont outreach meetings in Newport, White River Junction, and Wilmington.
News from the PSAC
- The PSAC in-person meeting will be held on Monday, June 4 in San Diego, California. Additional details are forthcoming.
- The 2018 June Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting is just around the corner. A room block has been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay at the government per diem rate of $167 per night. To make your reservation online, use this link. If you prefer to make your reservation over the phone, call 619-239-2400 and use the group code “NST.” There are a limited number of rooms reserved, so it is recommended that you book your room as soon as possible.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
RCR Wireless News 3/9: IWCE 2018: FirstNet pivoting from planning to operations
FireRescue1 3/9: AT&T’s FirstNet poised to facilitate advanced firefighting technology (by First Responder Network Authority Region Lead Kevin Nida)
MissionCritical Communications 3/8: AT&T Signs Task Order for Band 14 Buildout, Plans 95% Population Coverage
Web and Social Media
The First Responder Network Authority’s social media presence grew at its normal rate last week.
- Twitter gained 72 new followers, now at 9,560.
- Facebook has 2,798 followers.
- LinkedIn now has 3,918 followers.
- YouTube has 785 subscribers.