March 19, 2018— First Responder Network Authority News
- Last Week, the First Responder Network Authority Board held an in-person meeting in Little Rock, Arkansas. More detailed information from the meeting can be found here. While in Little Rock, Board members and staff also touredthe headquarters of the Metropolitan Emergency Medical Services (MEMS), which recently switched to FirstNet.
- First Responder Network Authority staff attended the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Division Mid-Year Conference last week in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Staff presented at the Bay Area Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) Conference last week in Campbell, California.
- Also last week, the First Responder Network Authority tribal team met with the Northwest Tribal Emergency Management Council in Spokane, Washington, and with Navajo Nation leadership in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Staff also met with the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) in Greenbelt, Maryland, to discuss the unique communications needs of volunteer firefighters.
- This week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in the 9thAnnual Georgia Telehealth Conference on Jekyll Island; the British Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) 25th Annual Event in Coventry, United Kingdom; a meeting of the Greater Boston Police Council in Burlington, Massachusetts; the National Governors Association Enhancing Public Safety Communications Governance: Southwest Workshop in Albuquerque, New Mexico; and an AT&T FirstNet Hackathon in San Francisco, California.
News from the PSAC
- The PSAC in-person meeting will be held on Monday, June 4 in San Diego, California. Additional details are forthcoming.
- The 2018 June Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting is just around the corner. A room block has been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay at the government per diem rate of $167 per night. To make your reservation online, use this link. If you prefer to make your reservation over the phone, call 619-239-2400 and use the group code “NST.” There are a limited number of rooms reserved, so it is recommended that you book your room as soon as possible.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
Federal News Radio 3/13: FirstNet — at last?
MissionCritical Communications 3/13: .AT&T to Release RFP for Second Carrier-Integrated MCPTT Offering
Southern Chester County Weeklies 3/13: Chesco is first in state to transform emergency mobile communications
Web and Social Media
The First Responder Network Authority’s social media presence grew at its normal rate last week.
- Twitter gained 61 new followers, now at 9,621.
- Facebook has 2,838 followers.
- LinkedIn now has 3,945 followers.
- YouTube has 798 subscribers.