March 5, 2018— First Responder Network Authority News
- Last Week, First Responder Network Authority staff met with more than 40 public safety officials at the Houston Police Department to discuss operational needs that could be improved by mobile applications—existing and new. This event and future events like it support the First Responder Network Authority’s network innovation efforts, helping improve technology for public safety users. During this project, the First Responder Network Authority plans to produce specific operational needs statements about the apps, solutions, devices, and other capabilities identified by public safety attendees.
- Staff presented last week at a California National Emergency Number Association (CalNENA) Mission Critical Training Event in San Diego.
- Also last week, First Responder Network Authority staff presented at the Interagency Communications Interoperability (I-C-I) System Annual Strategy Meeting in Pomona, California.
- This week, FirstNet will be a major topic at the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE)in Orlando, Florida. The First Responder Network Authority and AT&T will present in nearly 20 sessions and panels as well as staff the AT&T FirstNet booth, and CEO Mike Poth will deliver the keynote address.
- Also this week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in the National Association of Counties’ (NACo) 2018 Legislative Conference in Washington, DC; a meeting of the North Dakota 9-1-1 Association in Bismarck; a meeting of the North Carolina EMS Administrators Association in Wilmington; Under Fire – Response Innovation Showdown in College Station, Texas; a meeting of the National Public Safety Telecommunications Council (NPSTC) in Orlando, Florida; a Northwest Minnesota AT&T Road Show in Thief River Falls; and South by Southwest in Austin, Texas.
- Last week, the First Responder Network Authority posted two new blogs: Annual Report Outlines Year of Progress Leading to Launch of FirstNet Networkand FirstNet at IWCE 2018.
- The 2018 June Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting is just around the corner. A room block has been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay at the government per diem rate of $167 per night. To make your reservation online, use this link. If you prefer to make your reservation over the phone, call 619-239-2400 and use the group code “NST.” There are a limited number of rooms reserved, so it is recommended that you book your room as soon as possible.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
Urgent Communications 2/27: AT&T’s Sambar projects accelerated FirstNet buildout—‘a lot faster’ than five years for most of U.S.
Officer 2/27: FirstNet-Ready Galaxy S9 and S9+ Smartphones – Access to First Priority and Band 14
Navajo-Hopi Observer 2/27: FirstNet and AT&T to provide public safety broadband on Nation
Web and Social Media
The First Responder Network Authority’s social media presence grew at its normal rate last week.
- Twitter gained 94 new followers, now at 9,488.
- Facebook has 2,768 followers.
- LinkedIn now has 3,887 followers.
- YouTube has 773 subscribers.