April 2, 2018— First Responder Network Authority News
- The First Responder Network Authority and AT&T announcedthe delivery and launch of the dedicated FirstNet core network for public safety, meeting another monumental milestone for public safety! The FirstNet core network is the first-ever nationwide Long-Term Evolution (LTE) core network infrastructure built specifically for our nation’s first responder community, separating public safety traffic from commercial traffic.
- First Responder Network Authority staff presented last week at the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Western Regional Conference in Tacoma, Washington.
- Staff also presented a FirstNet network update at the Electric Power Research Institute’s (EPRI) Telecom Initiative Advisory Meeting last week in Tempe, Arizona.
- Also last week, First Responder Network Authority staff presented a FirstNet update at the South Carolina Telecommunications and Broadband Association Conference in Charleston.
- First Responder Network Authority staff also attended the Maine Fire Chiefs Association Professional Development Conference last week in Newry.
- This week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in the Connecticut Emergency Management Symposium in Cromwell; the New England Division of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Conference in Portsmouth, New Hampshire; a meeting with Gaston County public safety officials in Gastonia, North Carolina; the Telehealth Alliance of Oregon Annual Meeting & Summit in Tigard; the Mississippi Coastal Fire Chiefs Conference in Biloxi; and a series of tribal meetings in Southern California.
News from the Public Safety Advisory Committee (PSAC)
- Last week, FirstNet Board Chair Sue Swenson appointed members to the PSAC Executive Committee. The newly appointed members will serve from April 2018-March 2019. New appointments include Todd Early (NCSWIC) and Brian Howard (NCAI). In addition, Chief Niles Ford (Metro Chiefs), Mel Maier (MCSA), and Paul Patrick (NASEMSO) were reappointed for another term.
- The next PSAC in-person meeting will be held on Monday, June 4 in San Diego, California.
- The 2018 June Public Safety Broadband Stakeholder Meeting is just around the corner. A room block has been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay at the government per diem rate of $167 per night. To make your reservation online, use this link. If you prefer to make your reservation over the phone, call 619-239-2400 and use the group code “NST.” There are a limited number of rooms reserved, so it is recommended that you book your room as soon as possible.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
Firehouse 3/28: FirstNet Platform Comes to Life With Nationwide Launch
Engadget 3/27: AT&T launches the base of its FirstNet public safety network
RCR Wireless 3/27: AT&T, Verizon launch public safety network cores
Web and Social Media
The First Responder Network Authority’s social media presence grew at its normal rate last week.
Twitter gained 64 new followers, now at 9,750. Facebook has 2,913 followers. LinkedIn now has 3,987 followers. YouTube has 822 subscribers.