A DRAFT Request for Proposal (RFP) has been released for the design, construction, implementation, support, and maintenance of a statewide emergency services IP-based network (ESInet) and NextGen Core Services (DRAFT RFP #MAJ0619). This system will provide the network necessary for public safety answering points (PSAPs) to implement NextGeneration9-1-1 (NG9-1-1).
The State is seeking to improve 9-1-1 services for citizens across the state through the implementation of a statewide NG9-1-1 system. This will be accomplished by:
- Replacing outdated analog technology with a more sophisticated IP-based network
- Providing a statewide ESInet and NextGen Core Services that can interconnect all PSAPs and allow for seamless data sharing capabilities
- Introducing new ways for citizens to contact 9-1-1 including Text-to-911, pictures, and other types of media that will also provide improved situational awareness for first responders
- Improving call routing capabilities and developing policies that will reduce misrouting of wireless 9-1-1 calls to an incorrect PSAP
A copy of the draft RFP is located on the State of Wisconsin eSupplier portal at https://esupplier.wi.gov/psp/esupplier/SUPPLIER/ERP/c/WI_SS_SELF_SERVICE.WI_SS_BIDDER_PAGE.?&Page=WI_SS_BIDDER_PAGE&Action=U&WI_SS_EVENT_NBR=11008
Comments and input regarding the draft RFP should be submitted using the following timeframe, method, and format:
- Comments due no later than Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, 2 p.m., Central Time.
- Comments must be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responses should be organized and presented in the order and by the numbers assigned in the draft RFP using the document entitled “DRAFT RFP MAJ0619 NG911_Comments” which can be found here – https://oec.wi.gov/wp-content/library/2019/RFP_MAJ0619_NG911_CommentsDRAFT.docx